CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Good Morning Utah


Every morning I get up like everyone else. I get ready quickly and prepare for the shock wave of cold air bound to hit me when I step outside. My car is cold, the heater taking it's sweet time to warm up. Despite the unfortunate temperature every morning, this daily regiment has grown on me - and I'll tell you why. Just before I get on the freeway my heater is warm and powerful. I get on the ON ramp....get up to speed....and there before me the mountains of the Wasatch range burst into view, the hallelujah chorus ringing in my ears. Right on que I shout in my car "Good Morning Utah!" This routine has been happening everyday for a few months now. In the early hours of morning when the sun is just getting up, the clouds and mountains come alive. I look forward to what combination of colors and lighting will be waiting for me the next morning. Summer has always been my favorite time of year. I dont like to get up before the sun, but at least the state of Utah knows how I feel. Her mountains and fields may be covered with snow and look cold and miserable, but as soon as that sun hits her slopes and cliffs she greets me with a warm salutation. Good Morning to you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment